This tutorial is part of the Godot and Git course.
In this part, we talk at a high level about what a version control system (VCS) is, and why you'd want to use one with your Godot game project. We also learn some terminology and why you'd want to specifically use Git (vs other VCS's). This part is meant for absolute beginners who have never used any VCS before (later parts will address more advanced topics).
Ready for more? See the next part in this course!
All the tutorials in this course
- Godot and Git (part 1): Why use Git (or any version control)?
- Godot and Git (part 2): Getting Started with Git
- Godot and Git (part 3): Traveling through History
- Godot and Git (part 4): Pushing your repository to GitLab.com
- Godot and Git (part 5): Simple branching and merging
- Godot and Git (part 6): 3-way Merge and Merge Conflicts
- Godot and Git (part 7): Tips for merging scenes and team collaboration
- Godot and Git (part 8): Git LFS and dealing with large assets
Subscribe to get an email when new articles or videos are posted on SnopekGames.com!